It is time to nominate your entertainment and arts favorites for the 7th annual Omaha Entertainment & Arts Awards (OEAA). The OEAA recognizes and honors Omaha’s thriving and vibrant performing arts, visual arts and music community.
If you have attended and enjoyed one of American Midwest Ballet’s 2011-12 season performances, please consider submitting a nomination for Nebraska’s own professional ballet company.
In the performing arts category, American Midwest Ballet’s professional dancers and season 2011-12 productions are eligible for the three main awards. Here is a listing of productions and some of the featured roles danced during the awards period:
Best Dance Production (No. 21)
- Dracula at Orpheum Theater – October 2011
- The Nutcracker at IWCC Arts Center and Omaha Music Hall – December 2011
- Momentum 2012 featuring Cleopatra and DanceSport at Joslyn Art Museum – March 2012
Best Featured Dancer (No. 22)
- Company Artists: Erin Alarcón, Matthew Carter, Claire Goodwillie, Natasha Grimm, Alberto Liberatoscioli, Erika Overturff, Bret Samson, Kelsey Schwenker, Denis Vezetiu, Sasha York, Angela Zolczynski
Best Costume Design (No. 19)
- Debbie Overturff The Nutcracker at IWCC Arts Center and Omaha Music Hall – December 2011
- Debbie Overturff Momentum 2012 featuring Cleopatra at Joslyn Art Museum – March 2012
An impressive total of two awards and seven nominations were garnered for last season’s awards which covered American Midwest Ballet’s debut 2010-2011 season.