Here are some tips to make your experience at the ballet an enjoyable one.
Theater Locations & Parking Information
409 S. 16th Street, Omaha, NE 68102
Box office: Ticket Omaha, (402) 345-0606 or (866) 434-8587
- OPPD Energy Plaza garage (1666 Howard St.), starting two hours before performances, available for $8 through the ParkMobile app only. Reservations may be purchased ahead of time and the digital permit should be shown at the parking entrance.
- Metered street parking (meters run 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Saturday). 14th Street is closed for construction between Douglas and Farnam streets.
- Surface lot parking.
- Accessible parking is available.
Hoff Family Arts & Culture Center
1001 South 6th Street, Council Bluffs, IA 51501
Box office: (712) 890-5601
Driving directions from Omaha
FREE parking is available in the lots south of the building and directly west across the street from the main entrance. Parking also is available on surrounding streets except where posted. Please do not park in the small lot to the east of the building.
The American Midwest Ballet Boutique will be open in the lobby with an array of unique keepsakes and American Midwest Ballet logo apparel available for purchase. Proceeds from boutique sales help support AMB. Thank you for shopping with us!
We have resources available that you may want to download before the performance to enhance your experience.
- Program book: Check out the program before the show! Click to view. If you like, you can save this link to your phone so you can review the program at the theater before the show starts.
- Social narrative: For families with a member on the autism spectrum, we’ve prepared a booklet to help you get ready for the performance by showing what facilities are available and what to expect. Click to download the version for the Hoff Family Arts & Culture Center or the Orpheum Theater. Our venues also have sensory kits and quiet areas available for use by families with a member on the autism spectrum – ask at the box office for information.
Plan Your Arrival
Please allow yourself plenty of time to find parking and find your seats.
- At the Orpheum: The box office and outer lobby open 90 minutes prior to curtain time; the main lobbies will open 60 minutes prior to curtain. Please have your mobile tickets ready to be scanned when entering the venue. Express security scanners provide a touchless experience that no longer requires emptying of pockets or bags.
- At the Hoff: The box office and lobby will be open one hour prior to performances.
The house opens one-half hour prior to the performance at all venues.
To ensure an enjoyable experience for patrons, late seating is restricted. If you arrive after the performance begins, you may be seated in an alternate section until intermission.
The full performance is approximately 2 hours with intermission.
- At the Hoff Center: Restrooms are across the lobby from the theater, next to the McCormick’s 1894 bar area. To reach the restrooms, go up the steps and around the corner to the left. To reach the restrooms without using the steps, take the elevator next to the box office and choose floor 1 for access to the McCormick’s 1894 level. When you are finished, return to the elevator and choose floor 1R to return to the lobby level.
- At the Orpheum: Restrooms are available off the main floor lobby, on the upper level, and on the lower level. The restrooms on the lower level are larger and often have shorter lines. Family and accessible restrooms are at the bottom of the stairs at the right of the main floor lobby.
Photo and video recordings of the performance are not allowed.