Here are some tips to make your experience at the ballet an enjoyable one.
AMB follows CDC guidance re COVID-19. For the safety of our guests, masks are required at all events. Masks may be removed only while eating or drinking. If you have a medical condition which prevents you from wearing a mask, please contact the theater box office before the performance to arrange a refund.
If you find yourself feeling unwell on the day of your performance, please stay home and take care of yourself! For Season 12, refunds will be available until curtain time. Contact your theater box office to arrange a refund.
For your viewing enjoyment, performers follow special protocols which allow them to safely appear onstage without masks. These protocols require that we limit backstage access to performers, staff, and crew only. This also means performers will not be able to greet the public in the lobby after the performance. We hope to resume this tradition in future seasons!
Our Hoff Center and Orpheum Theater partners have taken extra steps to help you avoid communicable diseases such as COVID-19 and the flu. These steps include enhanced ventilation, sanitizing, and cleaning.
Theater Locations & Parking Information
409 S. 16th Street, Omaha, NE 68102
Box office: Ticket Omaha, (402) 345-0606 or (866) 434-8587
Paid parking is available in the OPPD Energy Plaza garage. The Skylink takes you directly to the balcony level of the theater. Lot parking at 15th and Howard is available for $10. Meters run 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Hoff Family Arts & Culture Center
1001 South 6th Street, Council Bluffs, IA 51501
Box office: (712) 890-5601
Driving directions from Omaha
Parking is available in the lots south of the building and directly west across the street from the main entrance. Parking also is available on surrounding streets except where posted. Please do not park in the small lot to the east of the building.
We have several resources available that you may want to download before the performance to enhance your experience.
- Program book: Check out the program before the show! Click to view. If you like, you can save this link to your phone so you can check the program book before the show.
- Study guide: We prepared this guide for grade-school students, but there’s something interesting in it for everyone. Click to download.
- Social narrative: For families with a member on the autism spectrum, we’ve prepared a booklet to help you get ready for the performance by showing what facilities are available and what to expect. Click to download. Our venues also have sensory kits and quiet areas available for use by families with a member on the autism spectrum – ask at the box office for information.
Plan Your Arrival
Allow yourself plenty of time to find parking, get into the theater, use the restroom, find your seat, and read the program. The Orpheum lobby opens 90 minutes prior to performances and the Hoff Family Arts & Culture Center box office will be open one hour prior to performances. The house opens one-half hour prior to the performance at all venues.
To ensure an enjoyable experience for patrons, late seating is restricted. If you arrive after the performance begins, you may be seated in an alternate section until intermission.
The full performance is approximately two hours with intermission. Our sensory-friendly performance is approximately 1 hour 30 minutes with intermission.
- At the Hoff Center: Restrooms are across the lobby from the theater, next to the McCormick’s 1894 bar area. To reach the restrooms, go up the steps and around the corner to the left. To reach the restrooms without using the steps, take the elevator next to the box office and choose floor 1 for access to the McCormick’s 1894 level. When you are finished, return to the elevator and choose floor 1R to return to the lobby level.
- At the Orpheum: Restrooms are available off the main floor lobby, on the upper level, and on the lower level. The restrooms on the lower level are larger and often have shorter lines. Family and accessible restrooms are at the bottom of the stairs at the right of the main floor lobby.
Photo and video recordings of the performance are not allowed.
Orpheum theater Entry Inspections
Omaha Performing Arts has asked us to share the following statement:
Omaha Performing Arts is committed to providing the highest standard of safety. All guests entering the Orpheum Theater will be required to pass through a security check. Guests are also subject to visual and bag inspections. Lobbies open 90 minutes prior to events. Lines can often get congested with last minute arrivals. Plan on arriving early to avoid lines and allow enough time to pass through security and find your seats.