American Midwest Ballet
June 20 – July 8, 2022
- The 2022 Summer Intensive is now in progress.
- If you missed your chance to register this year, please use the box below to sign up for email notifications about our 2023 summer intensive.
- Our health & safety protocols have changed; current info is here.
Receive email notifications
If you would like to receive updates about the 2023 summer intensive, complete this form:
Photos from the 2022 Summer Intensive
Immerse yourself in your commitment to dance with this multidimensional program at the new Hoff Family Arts & Culture Center, minutes away from the heart of the vibrant Omaha metro area!
Location: Hoff Family Arts & Culture Center
Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Jovani Furlan
Principal, New York City Ballet
- Nikki Sell
Teacher & Choreographer; formerly of Prometheus Dance (Boston)
- Mark Gieringer
Formerly of Ballet Hispanico
Plus artists of American Midwest Ballet
Guest artists and program details subject to change.
- Professional training for dancers age 12+ in Ballet, Pointe, Contemporary, Jazz, Variations, and Improv
- Junior Intensive program for ages 10-12
- Performance Opportunity: Summer Concert, July 8
PROGRAMS FOR BOTH DAY STUDENTS AND BOARDING STUDENTS
- Summer Intensive for ages 12-22: June 20 – July 8.
- Junior Summer Intensive for ages 10-12: June 20 – July8.
- If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3 Weeks: $1,500
- 2 Weeks: $975
- 1 Week: $540
Junior Intensive Tuition
- 3 Weeks: $700
- 2 Weeks: $430
- 1 Week: $270
(includes room, 3 meals per day, transportation, chaperone, and activities fee)
- 3 Weeks: $2,286
- 2 Weeks: $1,536
- 1 Week: $1,090
- 15% tuition discount for returning students
- 15% tuition discount for School of American Midwest Ballet students
Please note: As of May 6th we are no longer registering single-day or drop-in students for the summer intensive classes. If you have already registered for a single-day or drop-in class, this will not affect your current registration.
We recommend our Summer Dance Series in August for anyone interested in single-day or drop-in classes.
- Deadline to register for the Summer Intensive: May 31
- 50% tuition due: May 6
- Full tuition due: June 6
- 50% boarding fees due: May 13
- Full boarding fees due: June 6
AMB limits class size to ensure the most impactful experience possible.
Intensive (ages 12+): 50 students (25 in each group)
Jr. Intensive (ages 10-12): 20 students
Questions and Answers
Do I have to audition to participate in the Summer Intensive?
No, auditions are not required in order to enroll in Summer Intensive; however, it is recommended that dancers have at least 3 years of experience in formal dance training and currently take 3 ballet classes per week.
Dancers are in groups for the Summer Intensive. Which group will I be in?
A separate panel of ballet teachers/professionals (who are not on summer staff) are employed to adjudicate placement classes that will take place on the first day of the program. Student groups will be posted by the end of the day on the first day of classes. Some younger/less experienced dancers may be asked to attend Junior Intensive classes in the morning and Summer Intensive classes in the afternoon. Younger boarding students who take Junior Intensive classes in the morning will automatically be enrolled in afternoon classes with the Summer Intensive. Students who join the Intensive after the first day of placement classes will be put in contact with the Director of Summer Intensives, who will place the dancer in the appropriate program.
For More Information
If you have questions about the Summer Intensive, please email email@example.com
Programming is subject to change.
American Midwest Ballet complies with all recognized public health guidance with respect to COVID-19.