SEE WHY IT’S CALLED
American Midwest Ballet
SUMMER INTENSIVE 2021
June 21 – July 9
Immerse yourself in your commitment to dance with this multidimensional program at the brand-new Hoff Family Arts & Culture Center, minutes away from the heart of the vibrant Omaha metro area!
IMPORTANT: REGISTRATION AVAILABILITY
- Main Intensive only: Registrations for Week 1 are now closed because all class spaces are filled. This means that for the main intensive, no further registrations can be accepted for the full three-week session, Week 1 only, single days during Week 1, or single classes during Week 1. Registrations for the Main Intensive are still open for Week 2, Week 3, or both.
- Junior Intensive only: Registrations for Week 2 are now closed because all class spaces are filled. This means that for the Junior Intensive, no further registrations can be accepted for the full three-week session, Week 2 only, single days during Week 2, or single classes during Week 2. Registrations for the Junior Intensive are still open for Week 1, Week 3, or both.
Further closures will be posted here as registration continues. We encourage you to register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
KEY DATES FOR 2021:
Registration is open now.
HOFF FAMILY ARTS & CULTURE CENTER
COUNCIL BLUFFS, IOWA
AND ARTISTS OF AMERICAN MIDWEST BALLET
Professional training for dancers age 12+ in Ballet, Pointe, Contemporary, Jazz, Variations, and Improv
Junior Intensive program for ages 10-12
Performance Opportunity: Summer Concert, July 9
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Click here to register online
- When you have submitted your registration, return to this page and use the payment form below to pay your non-refundable $50 deposit.
- We will respond with an email confirming your registration and balance due. When you are ready, return to this page and use the payment form to pay your balance.
PROGRAMS FOR BOTH DAY STUDENTS AND BOARDING STUDENTS
- Participate in the
whole program*, single weeks, single days, or individual classes
- Junior Summer Intensive for ages 10-12: June 21 – July 9.
- Dormitory housing available
- A detailed schedule is available to download here.
- If you have questions, please email email@example.com
3 Weeks: $1,400*
- 2 Weeks: $900
- 1 Week: $500
- 1 Day: $125
- Single class: $22
(Max. 2 per day)
Junior Intensive Tuition
3 Weeks: $650*
- 2 Weeks: $400
- 1 Week: $250
- 1 Day: $75
- Single Class: $18
(Max. 2 per day)
(includes room, 3 meals per day, transportation, chaperone, and activities fee)
3 Weeks: $1,950*
- 2 Weeks: $1,400
- 1 Week: $700
- Single day: $135
*Three-week option is no longer available because registration for Week 1 has closed.
- 50% of tuition due by May 7, 2021
- Full tuition payments due by June 7, 2021
- Boarding registration due by April 30, 2021
- 50% of boarding fees due by May 14, 2021
- Full boarding fees due by June 7, 2021
Prompt registration is recommended, as AMB limits class size to ensure the most impactful experience possible:
Intensive (ages 12+): 50 students (25 in each group)
Jr. Intensive (ages 10-12): 20 students
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Do I have to audition to participate in the Summer Intensive?
No, auditions are not required in order to enroll in Summer Intensive; however, it is recommended that dancers have at least 3 years of experience in formal dance training and currently take 3 ballet classes per week.
[hidden-text]What are the Audition Master Classes for in other cities?
AMB holds Audition Master Classes at locations around the country so that students have an opportunity to take class with AMB staff, learn more about the Summer Intensive, and ask questions. Merit scholarships are available on a limited basis for students attending from out of town, so Audition Master Classes are also an opportunity for us to see if and how much scholarship money might be available to you.
There are two groups in the Summer Intensive. Which group will I be in?
A separate panel of ballet teachers/professionals (who are not on summer staff) are employed to adjudicate placement classes that will take place on the first day of the program. Student groups will be posted by the end of the day on the first day of classes. Some younger/less experienced dancers may be asked to attend Junior Intensive classes in the morning and Summer Intensive classes (Group 2) in the afternoon. Younger boarding students who take Junior Intensive classes in the morning will automatically be enrolled in afternoon classes (Group 2) with the Summer Intensive. Students who join the Intensive after the first day of placement classes will be put in contact with the Director of Summer Intensives, who will place the dancer in the appropriate program.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have questions about the Summer Intensive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Programming is subject to change.
American Midwest Ballet complies with all recognized public health guidance with respect to COVID-19.