To foster a love of dance for students of all ages through exceptional training and performance opportunities.
HOW TO REGISTER
The 2022-23 class year runs September 7 through May 25. See the school calendar for other important dates.
American Midwest Ballet School (AMB School)
AMB School is the official school of American Midwest Ballet, the region’s professional dance company.
AMB School offers classes for children, teens, and adults of all skill levels through two specially designed divisions:
- Community Division – offers a wide selection of dance classes for all ages in a fun and nurturing environment.
- Primary Classes introduce young dancers to the joy of movement!
- Children’s Classes provide the foundation of ballet technique and the opportunity to explore different dance genres including ballet, jazz, tap, and lyrical.
- Teen Classes are offered in ballet, jazz, tap, lyrical, and hip hop.
- Adult Classes feature a comprehensive roster of dance styles, several experience levels, and convenient class times with class cards for busy schedules.
- Academy Division – provides a structured curriculum for aspiring dancers committed to achieving a high level of technical skill. Each level is specially designed with a roster of weekly classes that progress as the student advances. *Academy students may add elective classes from the Community Division.
- Lower Academy students (ages 8-11) study classical ballet technique, honing their ballet posture to allow them to implement more demanding exercises as they progress in their training. The curriculum also includes various levels of jazz, modern/contemporary, and pre-pointe.
- Upper Academy students (ages 12-18) focus on perfecting technique while cultivating artistry by incorporating classical training in pointe, variations, pas de deux, and conditioning.
Our knowledgeable and experienced faculty consists of many current and former professional dancers. Students enjoy numerous performance opportunities through both divisions of AMB School and through these exciting programs:
- Junior Company – a prestigious pre-professional company for advanced ballet students age 12 and up. Selection is by audition.
- Ensemble – a student performance group presenting dances in a range of styles. The Ensemble is for dancers age 12 and up; the Youth Ensemble is for dancers age 9–11. Selection is by audition.
- Solo Program – a chance for dancers to hone their skills and gain performance experience at Youth America Grand Prix [YAGP] or other prestigious competitions. The YAGP program is open to dancers 9–18, and the regional program to dancers age 6–18.
AMB School students have the unique opportunity to perform alongside our professional dancers in AMB’s The Nutcracker and other productions.
During the summer months, students can further their dance studies through two programs:
- Summer Intensive – an immersive training experience for pre-professional dancers from around the region.
- Summer Dance Series – a variety of fun classes that complement the school year curriculum.
Visit American Midwest Ballet School on social media: