When the stage is clear, we’ll be ready…
To our AMB family:
While we had a fantastic Season 11 planned, the pandemic has put us in a very difficult position, limiting both our ability to rehearse together and to perform in a theater setting. While some community activities have resumed, professional dance involves many hours of intense physical activity at close quarters.
Putting the well-being of our dancers and our community first, we must cancel in-person theater performances until medical experts agree it is safe to resume them. The decision to cancel the performances was a tough one, but necessary due to the level of risk associated with staging and performing large-scale dance productions in the midst of the current pandemic.
Not only are we incredibly sad that we can’t perform for you, but the lost ticket revenue from last spring, and now the fall and Nutcracker, is a devastating financial blow.
We are facing over half a million dollars in lost revenue.
Your support of the AMB Relief Fund will help see us through this difficult period. Gifts of all sizes will help offset these losses and allow us to support our amazing dancers and staff as much as we can in this challenging time, as well as fund our return to the stage when it’s safe to do so.
Our hearts couldn’t be more full due to the outpouring of kindness we’ve received since the pandemic began from our incredible AMB fans, subscribers, and sponsors. Although this is a difficult time, we are comforted knowing our AMB community will not be put in harm’s way.
Until we can return to our regular stages – and we will! – we are finding innovative ways to safely share the magic of dance with our community through AMB Interactive, our new platform for bringing the beauty, athleticism and energy of dance to you wherever you are. This curated collection of unique content includes:
- Going Solo – a groundbreaking series in which AMB company artists and guest choreographers collaborate with documentary filmmaker Lance Glenn to create incisive solo works.
- It Starts with a Step – the feature-length documentary that traces the inspiring story of dancers coming together to overcome adversity and create the company that became today’s American Midwest Ballet.
- 10-Year Memories – To mark our second decade of professional dance, we asked dancers to share memories of their most memorable AMB moments.
- Free Classes – Get Moving! – American Midwest Ballet School’s YouTube channel delivers dance and fitness classes for all ages to enjoy at home.
- DancerLife – From fitness, to food, to pets, to coping with the crazy moments, our dancers share entertaining insights into their lives in this series of short videos.
- In Our Shoes – This collection offers a variety of videos that explore different aspects as an art form, a way of life, and a resource for the community.
- Education Resources – For educators and parents teaching on site, online, or at home, we have a selection of resources and downloadables to help add the magic of dance to classes.
We look forward to the day when we can all gather again in a theater to share art beyond words. Until then, thank you so much for your understanding and support.
American Midwest Ballet